The RIPE Meeting Mentoring programme matches experienced community members with newcomers.
For the past 25 years, RIPE Meetings have brought together thousands of people interested in Internet operations, policy and governance. As the RIPE community evolves, it is important that everyone feels welcome and comfortable participating, regardless of technical ability or career level.
Volunteering as a mentor is an easy way to pay it forward and ensure the RIPE community continues to thrive.
How to Become a RIPE Meeting Mentor/Mentee
You can become a mentee/mentor by indicating your preference via the RIPE 81 registration page.
The RIPE Meetings Team will then get in touch with you to learn more about your areas of expertise and help you find a good match.
Please make sure to indicate your preference at least one month before the start of the meeting, so that we have enough time to match mentors with mentees based on mutual interests.
What we expect from mentors
- Email your mentee two weeks before the RIPE Meeting to introduce yourself and find out what they want to get from the meeting.
- Arrange a few ‘virtual’ coffee chats throughout the meeting week to check-in.
- Be available for questions before, during and after the meeting.
What we expect from mentees
- Provide your mentor with an idea of what you want to achieve at the RIPE Meeting and how they can help you.
- Contact your mentor when you have questions.